Adventure in cooking healthy,,,,,and NOT so healthy.....

Friday, November 5, 2010

Cake Pops and "Deli cookies"

I call these my "deli cookies" because they were my quick version. Not having my tools there, nor the desire to go all out, this is what you get.

Cake balls, pardon the term, are a piece of cake to make.
Bake a regular cake mix.
Cool, and crumble it up. (It's lots of fun. My niece did this and I think she felt thoroughly rebellious.)
Mix crumbs thoroughly with a can of frosting.
Shape these "suckers" into balls. Once you have them all rolled and on a pan with parchment paper, dip the tip of a sucker stick in melted chocolate and then stick into ball. Refrigerate this till hard. You can put it in the freezer, but when you dip it later, any water crystals will ruin the chocolate. Trust me, from experience.
Once they are hard, dip them in melted chocolate, or cover in fondant. Some (not pictured) I didn't dip in anything. I let them come to room temperature so they were sticky again and just dipped them in sprinkles.
The tops of these pumpkins are green tick tacks.


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog Katy! I love to bake but not to decorate...Maybe we can partner up someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katy. I'm just now finally checking out this blog and I love it. It is so fun and you are so talented. What great ideas. I'm excited to see what else you will post.

    ReplyDelete