Adventure in cooking healthy,,,,,and NOT so healthy.....

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Whole Wheat Agave Banana Bread

DH had his wisdom teeth out a couple days ago.  He has had a hard time eating since.  I looked over in the banana bowl and there was definite need to make banana bread with the black bananas.  My whole family has been on the South Beach Diet with the exception of me who is on a low carb diet, so here is a SBD friendly recipe.


Agave Banana Bread

2/3 C Agave
1 1/2 C mashed banans (about 3)
1/2 C butter softened
1/4 C Milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4 egg whites
2 C whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix the wet well, then add the dry and combine.  Bake in a greased bread pan.  Bake 325 for about 50-60 min.

 My Tips: I bet you could half the butter and do half applesauce to save further calories.

               Whole wheat pastry flour makes it so much lighter, more like white flour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment